Score and Parts
Salutation : An Occational March
Composed by Ken'ichi Masakado (正門研一)
Publisher：Golden Hearts Publications（ONSA）
Printing Material：color fine paper for score and parts
About the work
This is a concert march composed in January 2004 to commemorate the 30th regular concert of the Kitakyushu Fire department Band, in which I was the music director at that time.
The work was written with respect and appreciation for those who worked hard for many years and those who supported us.
The work is not an image of a special scene or story, but when composing, there was always a brave and kind-hearted fireman in my head. The respect for those members is also included in this work.
The premiere was held at Yahata Civic Hall (Kitakyushu City) on March 27 of the same year.
Duration : ca. 4’10”
There are many things in common with the materials and wording used in the band works I composed so far, "Bright Summer Music (2000)", "Intrada(2002)", "Prelude : in Just- (2003 / published by Golden Hearts Publications)", but I think that my "words" have become clearer. Also, without this work, later works such as "The Smile of NIKE - Memorial March (2007 / Golden Hearts Publications)" may have been more different.
The work I wrote for the concert which reached one milestone became a milestone in my own creative activities ... a special work for me in that sense.
In publishing this time, the orchestration was reworked, focusing on woodwinds (it was composed according to the instrumentation and number of bands). Although it is a score for large band, it is also possible to play with a relatively small number of people by taking the following measures.
(1) Oboe, Bassoon, E ♭ Clarinet, Alto Clarinet and Double Bass can be omitted.
(2) The flute and oboe can be played with only one each, taking into account the overall balance (and selecting the sound). (At the premiere performance, there was one flute and one oboe.) In that case, it is desirable for the oboe to play the part of "Flute 2" partially.
(3) Bassoon, euphonium, and bass (tuba) can also be played by each one if the overall balance is considered (and the sound is selected).
(4) You can play three horns with consideration for chords.
(5) For trumpet and trombone, it is desirable to play with three or more, but if it is less than two, it is allowed to supplement with another instrument (however, do not change the range).
Clarinet in Eb
Clarinet in Bb 1
Clarinets in Bb 2&3
Alto Saxophones in Eb 1&2
Horns in F 1&2
Horns in F 3&4
Trumpet in Bb 1
Trumpets in Bb 2&3
Bass Drum & Tambourine
Cymbals, Suspended Cymbal & Triangle
Tubular Bells (Optional)
Extra Parts (included):
Horns in Eb 1&2
Horns in Eb 3&4
Trombone in Bb 1&2 (T.C)
Trombone in Bb 3 (T.C)
Trombones in Bb 1&2 (B.C)
Trombone in Bb 3 (B.C)
Euphoniums in Bb (T.C)
Euphoniums in Bb (B.C)
Basses in Eb (T.C)
Basses in Bb (T.C)